Radioactive Material Handling
09/15/2022 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
10/13/2022 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
11/10/2022 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
12/15/2022 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
All employees and researchers planning to work with radioactive materials must attend an orientation session with one of the Health Physicists in the EH&S Office. This work-specific course is part of the certification process to become an authorized radiation worker at the Institute.
- Regulatory requirements
- Radiation protection program and policies at the Institute
- Radiation fundamentals
- Safe laboratory procedures
- Radiation Instrumentation
Attendees will receive copies of the Radiation Safety Manual and the Radiation Safety Training and Reference Manual.
To enroll in this training:
- Sign In to MyLearn from access.caltech.edu
- Search Course Catalog for 'Radioactive Material Handling'
- Select Desired Class Date and Time
- Select Enroll