Environment, Health, and Safety Homepage / Root Pages / Hazardous Waste Tag Instructions
Hazardous Waste Tag Instructions
The Caltech Hazardous Waste Tag comes in two different formats:
- Standard Tag with Wire Attached
- PDF version with fields that can be inputted with written notations and a cardboard backing with a wire attached
Call the EH&S Office at extension 6727 for either the standard tag or the cardboard backing for the Pdf version.
When using the hazardous waste tag, please remember the following:
- The Container must be tagged as the first drop of hazardous waste goes into it.
- The tag must be completely filled out and dated when the first drop of hazardous waste goes into the container.
- No abbreviations or chemical formulas are to be listed on the tag.
- The container must be kept closed unless the transfer of hazardous waste is occurring.