Controlled Substances and Chemical Precursors
Controlled Substances Program Contacts
Lauriane Quenee (EHS CCSC) (626) 395-2427
EH&S Office - Controlled Substances and Chemical Precursors (626) 395-6727
OLAR CCSC (626) 395-3454
The Controlled Substances and Chemical Precursors Program was created to allow for the use in research of drugs that have the potential for abuse and addiction. It is designed to comply fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning the registration, procurement, inventory, storage, record keeping, use, and disposal of controlled substances and chemical precursors. Controlled substances are those drugs and other substances included in Schedules II – V of the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. sec. 801 et seq. Chemical precursors are any substance listed under California Health and Safety Code sec. 11100 et seq.
The Central Controlled Substance Custodian (CCSC) is responsible for:
- Purchase, receipt, and delivery of substances to authorized division staff and students.
- Disposal of controlled substances.
- Taking a biennial inventory of all controlled substances and chemical precursors in the Division.
- Providing training and Logbooks.
- Approving all storage locations and procedures.
- Conducting periodic audits of Logbooks, inventory, and disposal records.