All employees and researchers planning to work with x-ray diffraction machines must attend an orientation session with one of the Health Physicists in the EH&S Office. This work-specific course is part of the certification process to become an authorized x-ray user at the Institute.
- Regulatory requirements
- Radiation protection program and policies at the Institute
- Safe x-ray use procedures
- Radiation survey Instruments
Attendees will receive a copy of the X-Ray Safety Manual.
Visit our Training Calendar Tab for course dates and time.
To enroll in this course:
- Log onto access.caltech.
- Under SELF SERVICE, click the MyLearn link.
- Click the Instructor-Led icon.
- Under Enrollment Name, click on the desired date and class hyperlink.
- Click on the Enroll button at top right of pop-up screen.