Resources for Students
The Environment, Health, and Safety Office recognizes the importance of undergraduate, graduate, and visiting students to the Caltech community. We have designed our programs and services to assist you throughout your stay at Caltech.
- Frosh Orientation is provided for all new undergraduate students during the fall orientation week. This orientation is designed to provide you with the resources that you need to live, learn, and work safety while you are at Caltech.
- Mandatory safety orientation for graduate students is provided during the fall quarter following their arrival to the Institute. This training is division-specific. Check with your division administrator or contact the EHS Office for more information.
- General orientation for all visiting students is provided during the beginning weeks of the program. This orientation is designed to provide you with the resources that you need to live, learn and work safety while you are at Caltech. For more information on training sessions contact your program director or EHS.
- Other safety training opportunities are also available to all students. Register at http://www.safety.caltech.edu/training.
- If your group requires special safety training, EHS can provide a qualified instructor and arrange dates and times at your convenience.
- Ergonomic Evaluations are available upon request from the EHS Office. If you are having difficulty adjusting your workstation, and need help, contact the EHS Office for evaluation.
- Event Planning registration forms are reviewed by the EHS Office to ensure that events are safe for all partygoers. Event registration forms are available from the student affairs wesite.
- Student construction projects are a time-honored tradition in the undergraduate houses. Event registration forms are reviewed by the EHS Office to ensure that events are safe for all partygoers. Event registration forms are available from the student affairs website.
- Emergency services are provided for emergencies that occur on campus. To find out what to do in the event of an earthquake, fire, medical, or other type of emergency, visit http://www.emergencypreparedness.caltech.edu.
- Laboratory safety information, such as names and contact information for group safety officers, waste management information, and other important information for researchers working in the lab is available at http://www.safety.caltech.edu/researchers.
Forms and Guides
- Student Affairs Fire Policy
- Graduate Student Event Registration Form
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- New Student Guide
- Security Office
- Supervisors Injury Report
- Training Registration Form
- Undergraduate Student Event Registration Form [PDF]